Jul 27, 2009

So here we go again...

Actually, I have no idea where to begin.



So let's start at the end, then we'll move back to the middle and maybe, maybe we'll get to the beginning...



So yes, the hols have finally ended but I'm looking forward to this new semester with relief since I actually have breathing space. Due to the smart move called summer school, I have a unit less to take = less study days! Hooray! However, with the last semester underway, looms the big question of 'what's next?' During an outing with Fi last week, we both realized that we're equally stumped by the next big decision of our lives.



Sounds so kua zhang (over the top) rite? One can even sense the capital letters in that phrase. In all truth, I really want to keep on believing in 'taking things one step at a time'...or 'living each day as it comes'. Everyone else says...planning is important. Now, why does that sound so deary to my ears? I know that certain coursemates of mine are rejoicing that this is their last sem in uni; with plans and career aspirations or even a travel itinerary in the works...Its not that planning ain't my thing, in fact, I'm sometimes so planner-ish that I have to remind myself to rewind and relax. Its just that this time...I'm at a crossroad with no streetlights on either path.



Eh, come lets go back to aspiration No.1 which all the Kdramas, TV soap operas and basically every drama series from every culture advocates- MARRY A RICH MAN and you will live happily ever after. -_-



See? I don't even make sense to myself? How in the world am I suppose to find out what I want to do after November??? Fi, maybe its time to ask guidance from a higher source, we go 'kao chim' aka chinese fortune sticks that supposedly sheds light on the un-answerable inner dilemmas that no one but you know you're facing...



Anyhow, it still comes down to living in the present. Similar to the argument of whether the chicken comes first or the egg...at the end of the day, you have to start from somewhere to get to someplace, and I think that I'll try to start...from somewhere...before I can actually find someplace to go.



Now, recollections from the end- how life stays interesting because of little occurences that put a a little quirk on your face that slowly turns into a smile.





Met this handsome young gentleman, well, not really a gentleman- more likely a young heartbreaker in the making; at the bus stop out one day in the city. He and his mom were heading to the same place as we were. Handsome Young One kept running around and reading out loud each number for each bus stop. Then we became freinds since the bus took so long to arrive. I led him up the bus and down again and across the road to the shopping center. Fish and I fell in love with his cute green hoodie...and the Handsome Young One and I kept running into each other in the shopping center, and even at the bus stop on the way home!


After four calls of "姐姐!" Cindy joked that I'd better bring him home! I wish I could too! Methinks Alan (that's the Handsome Young One's name btw) bears a striking resemblance to Jimmy Lin, one of my all time favourite Taiwanese actors. Hmm, actually, make that my only favourite Taiwanese actor!







So while I go off contemplating my blank fuzzy picture of a future, I just want to share one of my favourite artworks by Miranda July. Its actually a passage that takes you through a certain journey of self-reflection. Its healthy to press pause once in a while and think for a moment, where you are, what you are doing and where you're heading.



Have a great week! I hope I do too!









Credits:

Paparazzi shot of Alan:
Fish

Miranda July: Frankie.com.au