What though the radiance that was once so bright,
be now forever taken from my sight,
though nothing can bring back the hour of splendor in the grass, of glory in the flower;
We will grieve not, rather find strength in what remains behind.
-William Wordsworth-
be now forever taken from my sight,
though nothing can bring back the hour of splendor in the grass, of glory in the flower;
We will grieve not, rather find strength in what remains behind.
-William Wordsworth-
Sigh, I am feeling very down and out tonite. Its been, give or take, 310 days since I first moved into my own pad, with 4 other strangers and 1 close yet faraway friend. I was brimming with joy (freedom. freedom. freedom. freedom) and wholly anticipating the year that was to come. Now, that really wonderful.eventful.crazy.joyful.HAPPY year is about to end in another 46 days & I'm moving out in 2 days. The walls are blank once again, the shelves empty, the drawers stark white and begging for color that I can't put back. Even my smiley face breadou is lost somewhere in a dark box till I settle down for 2010.
While I can't say that I have ever experienced living with other people before, my family has enough character to make up for that. Brother 1 and 2 combined can put the dirtiest place to shame, especially their post-play/work/exercise SOCKS. I think I must have thanked the makers of Febreeze over a thousand times as I sprayed their odor-infested thing called a shoe. So, yes, I was happy to be able to move out and AWAY. Mother reports that they now spray their own shoes. (dazed) how did she ever manage to pinch out their discipline??? Let's meet my other extended family- which I am packing away at the moment and moaning about how short a time its been. Is it the end of 2009?
♪ Phantom room 4.Little post-it notes with reminders.Over-flowing garbage.Quiet mornings and mid-afternoons.Creative baking sessions.Game nights.Pictionary.Other can't remember their names games.Edible baking sessions.Not-so-successful baking sessions.Hate cleaning toilets.Hate throwing out over-flowing grabage.Smoker boy who lounges on the stairs like its a lazyman.Flat 2 adoption.Gambling sessions that lasted 8 hours.Awkward beginnings and little space tantrums.Hiding in rooms hoping it will be better.Hairs on the floor.Tired steps into the bathroom.Fantastic 3rd floor scenery.Stolen underwear.6 birthdays and counting.Sparklers on cakes.Winter chills and comapring heaters.Flowers on window sills.Learning to learn.Sharing is caring.Crazy mid-morning talks.I want to eat stuff.Cheap chicken rice.Bubble Tea with sago.Not so drunken stupors.Missing.Sleep.Eat.Study.Play.Laugh.Gossip.Cry.Frustrated.Awkward once again.Bowing your head once in a while.Caring to share.Caring to care.Wondering if its every enough.Kinship when we cook.Sitting down in a blue moon together.Harry Potter brought 7 random people into a cinema.Good Food from Flat 2.Late-night snacks.Unwashed pots and pans.Guess the thing in the pot today.Surprise leftovers in the frigde.Orphaned fruits and veggies from the fridge.Yummy snacks from kind souls.Movie nights in the lounge.Flat screen courtesy of Bay.Mee Sua.Coles 5 minutes away.Listening out for footsteps on the stairs.Smiling when someone comes in.Companionship.Luckily no serious bouts of sickness-homesickness-seasickness-any type.Touch Wood.Spur of moment shopping trips.Whinging about Transperth.Showing off to friends.People say its clean.I still see marks on the mirror.Can't people clean the table once in a while.I don't mind.I like cleaning.Therapeutic silence.Loud laughter.Funny moments.Laugh till your tummy aches.Walking in the rain.Running in the rain.Never trying all the eateries/cafes/ restaurants in Karawara.Preferring to cook.Swapping recipes.Sharing meals.Trying to snitch off a cookie or two.Bursting clothesline.Squashed and broken pegs.Spring tea on the balcony.Cute drawings on the whiteboard.Guests sleepovers.Guest stayovers.Cooking rice in 10 minutes.Microwave dinners.Chips and snacks.Guilty pleasures.Random dinner.lunch.brunch dates.Shopping sprees that left us wondering.Ooo-ing and aaaahhhh-ing over purchases.Abundance of estrogen over testosterone. Fast food.Junk Food.Canned Food.Fresh fruits?Most read item in the flat-Coles weekly shopping guide.Self-made 'In' 'Out' signs.No door slammings.No shoutings.Inner ramblings and rantings.Always good food.Planned outings.Too many shoes inbetween us.5 margarine/butter packets.4 rice sacks.2 boxes of instant noodle belonging to one person.Umbrellas only, no raincoats.Hate laundry day.Hate and Love flat inspection.Clean floors after.Weird spills in the kitchen.Ikea teatowels.Work monologues.Death to assignments.New music.Glee.Grey's caused a lot of tears.New understandings.New outlooks on life.Concentration on living and learning to live.Health and Beauty.Cause for a difference. ♪
♥
While I can't say that I have ever experienced living with other people before, my family has enough character to make up for that. Brother 1 and 2 combined can put the dirtiest place to shame, especially their post-play/work/exercise SOCKS. I think I must have thanked the makers of Febreeze over a thousand times as I sprayed their odor-infested thing called a shoe. So, yes, I was happy to be able to move out and AWAY. Mother reports that they now spray their own shoes. (dazed) how did she ever manage to pinch out their discipline??? Let's meet my other extended family- which I am packing away at the moment and moaning about how short a time its been. Is it the end of 2009?
What remains behind...
♥
So, its close to the end, where we say goodbye.
Its such an overwhelming feeling, of being part of a different,
totally different interpretation of family. I really enjoyed the crazy.
boring.random.eventful.fun.HAPPY times we all shared.Dirty floors and
totally different interpretation of family. I really enjoyed the crazy.
boring.random.eventful.fun.HAPPY times we all shared.Dirty floors and
clogged sinks aside, I am really going to miss my Flat 6. Tell me, will
next year be different or just strangely similar? As we part and
go different ways, I'll always look back with a smile and
maybe, sometimes a frown, as I recall how really
ridiculous certain moments were. How strangely
we seemed to fit together, pieces of a whole.
How I really
don't ever want this year to end.
Heh heh. Sigh. Let's hope
I'll get the offer.
Please.
next year be different or just strangely similar? As we part and
go different ways, I'll always look back with a smile and
maybe, sometimes a frown, as I recall how really
ridiculous certain moments were. How strangely
we seemed to fit together, pieces of a whole.
How I really
don't ever want this year to end.
Heh heh. Sigh. Let's hope
I'll get the offer.
Please.