Dec 11, 2009

Salmon Lover

Title was my dinner tonight. Take-away bento box from Kaizen Sushi. YUMMY.



Every once in a while, I have this habit of just wandering around aimlessly. I'll go out, without a specific purpose in mind and just walk around randomly. I think its relaxing not having to worry about anything, go where you want to go, and end up where you'd never expect you'd end up!


Along the way, I meet interesting people too.


There was this old uncle sitting next to me on the train who shared a breathtaking sunset. The kind couple who recommended the Indian vegetarian restaurant. The checkout clerk at Woolies who happens to be a friend-of-a-friend-of-a-friend (phew! I am serious) & just this evening...


A really nice 'mate' who happened to share the same bus home with me and accompanied me to my door. As it goes, I got off tired and a little disgruntled from work- a day of shuttling around 3 floors does that to you- and decided to do a little wandering around the city center. After a while, my fickle feet finally led me to my bus stop and my little encounter.


We got off the bus at Boundary Road and he said Hello. Started talking and discovered he's my current neighbour two houses down. Turns out, he actually attended a Christmas function at my workplace! Which I passed through on the way to my own function! Coincidence indeed! Kind Ben made sure that I got home safe and sound before heading back to his place.


Parted ways with 'Merry Chirstmas and Happy New Year' & 'Enjoy your holiday back in Malaysia'


Ah! How much one can accomplish during a few minutes!


That aside, I am totally bushed from work. Nonstop since Thursday. I'm off to bed.


Here's to random meetings and delightful strangers!